Here’s a review of Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free BB Stick (SPF 21 PA+++) in Radiance (the 03 shade) because it’s the cheapest i could get with a nice brand to it. lol
How it looks:
|looks like a concealer
|ang saya sayaaaa
What I like:
- it spreads easily on the face. if you’re always on the go and want something you can easily apply, go for this!
- the stick form is very economical. you can see exactly how much product you have. unlike tubes where you have to trust that 20ml means 20ml haha. plus you can’t scrape the insides when it has puffed out of contents. i find this kind of packaging very sulit. haha
- it’s pretty affordable at Php 280.00. most BB creams range from 500-1000++
- available almost everywhere: department stores, supermarkets, drugstores, etc.
- lightweight – doesn’t look like you have too much on the face
- good coverage. my skin looks smooth and clear with this on! haha
- it doesn’t really stay put for like 8 hours straight but it’s enough to keep me from powdering myself ever so often. in fact, i only put it during the day and leave it be without any retouches. 😀
What i didn’t like:
- it smells horribly like dangerous plastic. i want to stress this out because it’s really bothersome, and while it doesn’t linger on the face, it makes me paranoid that i’m putting on some toxic smelling thing on my skin. >XS
- it only comes in 2 shades (at least here in the Philippines), Fresh and Radiance. the Radiance one is the darker shade but upon application, it comes off a shade lighter parin than my face. eventually though it starts to even out. thank the oils!
- i don’t think my skin agrees with this makeup. it looks good on the face, but sometimes my cheeks would itch! pero not always. nyay. i have combination to normal skin btw. joke! i don’t know but i’m not the oily type.
- it’s hard to wash off. parang if you splash water on your face, waterproof yung effect nya. naaaks. so make sure to use a good facial cleanser or an exfoliating facial wash to rid your face of this stuff especially when you’re about to sleep. 🙂
Will i buy it again?
NOPE. unless they reformulate it to remove the ugly scent, release a darker shade, and make it more hypoallergenic. until then, i’ll finish the stick and will probably look for other BB creams and convince myself to increase my budget for it cos the truly good ones have overkill prices. T__T i really love the stick form tho. 🙁
- YES. i thought i wouldn’t but there’s really no better alternative yet. it does look oily, but once i put powder on top, it looks better! 😀 so much for using a BB stick no, but yeah, i can live with powdering it. 😀